Monday, September 1, 2008

On a lighter note......


I have set up Google Alerts for 'Dominican vocations'. To the uninitiated this means that I receive an email every time any blogger writes something new about the words 'Dominican' and 'vocations'. It is a very useful tool. Today I got a great chuckle out of the following from the blog of Joseph Fromm who is interested in all things Jesuit. A very good blog it is too. Anyway, the blog entry is called 'Met any Albigensians lately?' See it here.

4 comments:

Joseph Fromm said...

Dear Father,
Thank you for the "hat tip" and compliment, May God bless your work.
JMJ

Joe

Anonymous said...

That joke just burns me up lol. But seriously, if you have not met any Albigensians lately, it is perhaps you are not going to the right Vegan socials!

Brad Hoffstetter
Communications Division
Assembly of good Christians
www.cathar.net

Sean said...

Gerard,

I check in regularly to your blog and I enjoy the freshness and variety of its contents. This item caught my attention particularly as it was headed ‘On a lighter note…” My reading of the so called joke (and I hope I’m not losing my sense of humour in my maturing years) was not so positive. In fact I believe the Albigensians are alive and well and their associated heresies are as prevalent today (if not more so) than in Dominic’s time. I guess that’s why I don’t see the humour in the joke as well intentioned as it may be.

I see the Dominican vocation as playing a vital role in counteracting and challenging the modern day Albigensian distortions of truth and of the Gospel - even, and maybe especially, by some in the name of Christianity and the Church - and that’s a contemporary, urgent, and demanding responsibility.

I appreciate your work and your blog and the opportunity of ongoing updates and news of the Irish Doms and the province.

Sean (aka Gerry)
Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Unknown said...

Sean,

Thank you for the comment. I take your point and it is well made.

Gerard.